S/V Delilah

A Blog to track the wanderings of the S/V Delilah, a 37-foot Tayana sailboat.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Big Days

28 August 2006
On the hard, Coral Cove Marina, Trinidad

Yesterday AM we got hauled! Much excitement. We had to back our way into the lift slip (not such an easy thing on our boat).
After that, we spent most of the day removing the cutlass bearing for replacement. I sliced my finger pretty badly on the propeller whilst removing the bearing housing. The worst thing was that I had a strong suspicion that I would do so! Actually, the worst thing was that until minutes before the propeller looked like something out of a horror movie.

Today we spent all day scraping the bottom of the hull in preparation for repainting. This is not much fun. We are both in bunny suits, and I have the full respirator deal going on. Hot, hot, hot. And, we didn't even finish 1/2 of the boat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gregory Burd said...

Dude, what a nasty mess of a bottom. I'm surprised the boat moved throught the water at all. That much growth is amazing. Good thing you got it out for a good scrape and re-paint. Hope the finger heals fast.

-greg

8:47 PM  
Blogger KeepDurhamDifferent! said...

Is it just me, or is Dean looking more and more like Hemingway?

In other news, Allison and I are engaged to be married next March in Ferrara, Italy. She has a job teaching law at Duke.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home